Hi, I’m Kathy Short. I’m currently working as Archive Administrative Aide in the Department of Cinema Studies at New York University.
My professional interests include web development, computer programming, audio-visual archiving, and digital production and preservation. I have worked on projects that involve:
- Automating image processing in Photoshop
- Developing HTML/CSS/JS websites and implementing PHP, Bootstrap, WordPress templates, and Internet Archive’s BookReader software
- LAMP stack implementation
- Writing Python scripts for more efficient workflows for migrating web content and creating webpages
- Scrubbing and preparing data using Python and Java
- Creating workflows for and training students in audio digitization, web development, and film projection
- Developing and managing Filemaker databases for cataloging audio-visual collections
Check out my Resume and Projects pages for more information.